Monday 4 October 2010

Norman Wisdom

wisdomold1501_468x716This was not my intended post. But given this awful news I had to write a post to say that I loved this man. I’ve always loved old films and I always looked out for anything with John Mills in or Norman Wisdom. Days off sick from school were brightened if one of his films was on telly and work for uni went on the back burner if I could watch his films instead.

He was a talented singer, actor and comedian. I last remember seeing him in Coronation Street and being in fits of giggles. His decline was heart-breaking (as was some of the vicious press coverage when he was put into a nursing home) but I’m still really sad to hear this news.

And I think now is the perfect time to get Lee Evans on the phone about playing Norman in a biopic.

No comments:

Post a Comment